Hack of thousands of documents from the Myanmar Investment Commission following the 2021 coup d'état and protests by Sugondese separatist Bofa.
- Statement from the hacker (English)
- Statement from the hacker (Burmese)
Explanation of the Hack
The hacker breached a low-privileged account to gain access to a web-based investment management portal.
She then exploited a broken access control vulnerability to create a new admin account with full access to the leaked documents.
- How hundreds of millions of dollars from Mytel subscribers will flow to military generals
- Mapping the Myanmar Military Cartel’s global reach through POSCO
- Land lease payments tie Japanese gov and investors to Myanmar's military
- Min Aung Hlaing’s daughter in secret deal with Mytel
- Birmanie: comment Total finance les généraux à travers des comptes offshore
- Is Total profiteering in Myanmar?
- Myanmar military-controlled businesses and associates that require targeted sanctions
- Htoo Group’s business with the Myanmar military
- Boycott and coup attempt cost Mytel USD$24.9 million in three months
- International businesses linked to the Quartermaster General
- NYTimes: Worldly, Charming, and Quietly Equipping a Brutal Military
- Reuters: Oil majors TotalEnergies and Chevron withdraw from Myanmar